CD/DVD Master Preparation Tips
"CD/DVD Master" is the disc you provide to your CD/DVD vendor for replication or duplication of that media. Here are some helpful tips for creating a high quality master:
- Always use high quality media. All media is not the same. Do your research and choose a brand that will produce a high quality disc consistently.
- Avoid burning from a network source. If your source files are on a network drive, copy the files to your local hard drive before burning a disc. If you cannot move the files to your local drive, please use the "Copy To Hard Drive First" feature. Your burning software will create a temporary image file during the burning process. When the burn is complete, the temporary file is deleted.
- Avoid burning on a laptop computer running on battery power. Fluctuations in available power may yield poor results.
- Always "Finalize" your disc. If you use the drag and drop interface that is built into some operating systems (Windows XP), be sure to select "finalize disc". This will increase the "read" compatibility in other CD-ROM drives.
- Don't use packet-writing method to burn master disc. This method is most common with burner drives that have "re-write" capabilities. It is similar to the "drag-and-drop" method described above. This burn method produces discs that cannot be read on many CD-ROM drives. We cannot accept a master that is burned to a ReWritable (CD-/+RW or DVD+RW) disc.
- Avoid impact or movement of the drive during burn. This can cause the laser to skip or jump a track, which will produce errors or a bad disc.
- Use "burn-proof" feature if available. This feature allows the drive to slow down the burn speed in the event the computer cannot supply data fast enough. This can increase the total burn time, but the quality of the disc will be greater.
- Avoid having multiple applications open when burning, especially those that access the internet or network. This can hinder your computer's ability to "feed" data to the burner drive at the proper rate. Poor quality discs and burn rejects could be the result.
There are exceptions and variables to all the statements above. If you have any questions regarding how to burn your master, feel free to contact the author of this article.
How to Add Audio to Video
Digital media is everywhere you look. Music and video production have made it to the grass roots level thanks to the affordability and widespread use of powerful computers.
wav; Recording Voice or Instruments
A graduate student in Belfast wrote to me about a project he was doing. It is an inter-active instructional CD on the Tin Whistle.
How to Use Your Computer as a Recording Studio
A few years ago there was a revolution in recording technology. As computers became more powerful, they started to replace traditional tape recorders that were the heart of most recording studios.
Audio Websites -- Web Developers: Make Money Now
Are you a website developer looking to establish a long-term relationship with a web content provider that could make money over the long-term for both of you? Have you considered becoming an expert in the providing of website audio content -- in webcasting and podcasting? Knowing how to present web audio and how to manage such a site can be your key to making money over the web.It is hard to pick up a periodical about the web these days without coming upon an article about the ever increasing use of substantive audio content in websites.
Internet Radio: A Sanctuary in the Rubbish Tip
The internet, it's a whole world of information and entertainment, but every day it fills up just that extra bit more with complete trash. At every corner, popups, banner ads, viruses, spyware, the list goes on, well I've had enough and I'm sure you share my opinion.
Eight Reasons Why You Must Add Audio to Your Website
NUMBER 1 : INTERNET USERS REMEMBER WHAT THEY HEAR Did you know that Internet users remember only 20% of what they read while remembering an amazing 70% of what they hear? Audio on your website will help your message stay with fresh your visitors for longer.NUMBER 2 : AUDIO INCREASES SUBSCRIPTION RATES Using audio to convey a personal message to entice visitors to subscribe to your newsletter will result in up to 400% more subscribers than using traditional subscription marketing methods.
Add Audio to Your Web Site and Increase Your Sales up to 35%!
Ok, you've got your site built, you have traffic coming to it, a good product at a reasonable price..
Heres Exactly What Makes Web Audio So Powerful
Have you ever tried to communicate with another person using just actions and sign language? It gets pretty frustrating, doesn't it? Especially when you know that if you could just SAY a few words, they'd get the picture, almost instantly.Well, imagine if the website you've put up on show.
The Ten Commandments of Using Streaming Audio On Your Website
When it comes to placing audio on your website there are Ten Commandments you absolutely must follow. Break one of these Commandments and you can watch your website drive visitors away faster than the speed of sound.
Adding Streaming Audio to Your Website
Adding streaming audio to your web site can help you enhance the message you send to your customers and can serve as a wonderful confidence-building tool. In the past, audio was used primarily as a decorative effect, but advances in technology and the increased use of the internet by consumers have made it easy for you to add streaming audio to your web site and create a personal bond with your clientele.
How to Create Professional Audio Books from Scratch
My name is Alan Twigg and I'm writing this article to offer advice to anyone thinking of creating their own professional audio books.In the New Year I came up with the idea of creating professional children's stories and offering them for download on the internet.
7 Ways to Use Website Audio in Your Marketing Arsenal
Most visitors to your website are using computers with audio capabilities. Recently introduced techniques make it easy to take advantage of this capability.
Why I Hate Flash Audio and What I Did About It
I love spoken-word audio. I've been listening to seminars, lectures, and books on tape for years.
Streaming Audio Recorders
1. i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder 6.
Alternatives to MP3
Although MP3 is the most popular format for encoding music, it is by no means the only one. There are two basic methods for compressing audio - lossless and lossy, and for each of these methods there are many formats.
The Ten Commandments To Creating Amazing Audio Products
1.Thou shall create audio products as the fastest way to come out with a product.
MP3 vs. WMA
There are just a few audio compression formats out there, just like there are only a few image compression formats (you may have heard of them: JPG, GIF, BMP). Two of the most popular audio formats are WMA, or Windows Media Audio, and MP3 (Short for MPEG, Moving Pictures Experts Group, Audio Layer 3).
7 Ways to Use AUDIO to Increase Your Web and E-mail Sales
Thought about adding audio to your Web site yet? You should. While great copy does a good job of selling your services and products, audio will amplify the effect of your words.
CD/DVD Master Preparation Tips
"CD/DVD Master" is the disc you provide to your CD/DVD vendor for replication or duplication of that media. Here are some helpful tips for creating a high quality master:- Always use high quality media.
DVD Audio: An Introduction
DVD Audio is a music format that is designed to offer improved audio performance over CD. The new audio format can be used to provide listeners with Advanced Resolution stereo and/or multi-channel (up to a maximum of six channels) music.
|home | site map|